Friday, December 28, 2012

[MV-RANT] BAP - Stop It MV


October 23, 2012 marked the release of B.A.P’s new album [Woohoo, on my birthday]. First of all, I’d just like to say, BAP has been active [non-stop] since their debut, releasing album after album. I think they really deserve rookie of the year. Anyways, since B.A.P is more widely recognized for their “warrior” concept, this album and song came as a surprise. When they released Crash, I thought they would just temporarily take on a more pretty-boy image, not that I’m complaining. I really like the song but the music video is a little weird but I like it regardless. 



The MV starts off with Bang Yong Guk being mesmerized by a girl, to the point where he doesn’t see a car coming and gets run over. And I’m sorry, but the hair flip is so much more effective with long hair. The man who's driving is in question is none other than our Busan Wonbin, aka Daehyun. So after being run over, we see Yong Guk get up unscathed and happy. And then he just proceeds to follow the girl around, hiding behind poles every time she turns around. Kind of reminds me of CN Blue’s Love Girl MV except Yong Guk’s hiding skills are so much better.
So, apparently she can’t see him but she can feel him. In fact, he can touch everyone and no one will know it’s him because they can’t see him. At the end, however, we find out that the girl could see him the whole time but she pretended not to. But, if I remember correctly, Daehyun could see him even when he got up and ran off after “dying.” Bang Yong Guk’s real life character rubs off onto his character in the mv. He’s such a bully to the other members, even using violence at times. Although I think his jealousy was really cute. And the 2 maknaes, Zelo and JongUp, were the cutest trouble-makers.
But of course, after he messes with Himchan, we get a glimpse of what seems to be a tail on him…I don’t even know what to say about that. It was kind of a “what the heck?” moment. Then they show that he’s a devil whereas the girl is an angel which probably explains why she pretended like she didn’t see him although I’m 100% sure she was charmed by him just as much as I was. One part that really bugs me is when she crushed his tail in her hands. I just thought that was awkward to watch.
Oh and did I mention, blonde B.A.P is back! That means the good old blonde joke is back too. It is just way to hard to have a bias in this group, but if you’re interested, my favorite is the blonde one.
What do you think of the MV?

No comments:

Post a Comment