Tuesday, November 6, 2012

[♪R] 10 Songs Worth Listening to in 2012


[Bear with me, I wrote this back in July]

What are my top 10 songs for this year so far? They range from songs that were just released in June to songs released back in February. And not all are a part of kpop mainstream music. Some are from solo artists and even drama osts are included. Here’s a couple of songs you should check out.


Seo In Guk - Tease Me

Although I still don’t understand the music video, the song really stuck to me. The acoustic guitar and his sweet vocals meshed together beautifully. Seo In Guk, “I think I’m falling in love with you.” This song was a fresh start to the spring season.


Ye Eun [Wonder Girls] - Hello To Myself [Dream High 2 OST]

Yeeun has started to show her composing and writing abilities lately. And she tends to incorporate her own life experiences into her music, with this song being no exception. I think “Hello To Myself” was really fitting to Kang Sora’s character in Dream High. This song is about believing in yourself and motivating yourself. The soft melody was a great addition to the drama and one of my favorite works by Yeeun.

Daesung [Big Bang] - Wings

This was my personal favorite out of the Alive album. Sometimes, I feel like Daesung’s vocals are overlooked. So when you hear it like this in all its glory, it’s hard to deny his talent. And watching the performance was all the more exhilarating.

Lee Seung Chul - Did You Forget [Feast of the Gods OST]

Another OST. I had a really hard time choosing between this song and all of the OSTs from Feast of the Gods. This song is really addictive and you can’t help but sing along to the chorus. Not to mention Lee Seungchul has the perfect voice for OSTs. If you have time, also check out Kim Tae Woo’s So I Run and Sunye’s Sound Of Love.


Miryo - Party Rock [Feat.Gary of LeeSsang & THE KOXX]


And now it’s time for some party rocking. After a long chain of slow songs, this really uplifts the mood. If Miryo’s raspy voice isn’t enough by itself, then Gary’s rapping really hits the spot. This is the perfect song for a summer party.

Song Jieun [Secret] - It’s Cold [Take Care of Us, Captain OST]

Back to the slow songs now. Take Care of Us, Captain had its own fair share of great OSTs but of course this one stood out the most to me. It really brings back memories of Song Ji Eun’s Going Crazy. Her sweet voice is enough to send chills down your back.

John Park - Falling

I can’t get enough of this song. I remember when I first saw John Park on American Idol. I love how he gives the song an American touch. You really fall into a different world when listening to this song [and watching the mv].

Miss A - Over U

I am so glad they had the chance to promote this song because I personally liked it better than Touch. It showed a touch and confident side instead of a typical “damsel in distress” who can’t forget her ex. This upbeat track is a fun dance number as well.

Big Bang - Blue

I wouldn’t exactly call this anything close to a ballad but it’s definitely not a dance track. This is the total opposite of Miss A’s Over You in that it talks about longing for the person you [actually Big Bang] has loved to death [not literally]. However, it was definitely a refreshing sound from Big Bang’s past hits.

Wonder Girls - Sorry

From their latest album, Wonder Party, Wonder Girls have yet again proven their capabilities as singers. What’s especially commendable is rapper Yoobin’s vocal work in here. Their emotions show through well.


Bonus Song:
2NE1 - I Love You
No comments for this song except that it’s a hit for sure. And I love how 2NE1 manages to capture everyone’s heart with something completely different each time.
What are your favorite songs so far this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment