Tuesday, September 25, 2012

[WG] KpopHeaven Wonder Party Album

     This was by far the best $14 I ever spent on an album. Given that it wasn't a full album, I wasn't expecting much but boy was I surprised. As a Wonder Girls fan, it's a given that I like the album no matter how unpopular it is right? Wrong! This album just might be my favorite album so far. I loved every single song on the album [except maybe The DJ Is Mine but that was released before so it was on this album for the Korean fans].

20 postcards instead of a photobook. I think this is $15 well-spent. Has anyone solved all the math problems in big bang's still alive album?
     The best park of the album was definitely the 20 photo cards set instead of a flimsy photobook. My sister got Big Bang's Still Alive at the same time and I can guarantee I was a lot happier than her. My only complaint was that I got really upset at the quality of Lim's individual photos. They were really blurry. But that's the company's fault, although it would be a little overboard if they just threw away all the messed up postcards [*cough* BAP's album]. This Wonderful was not a happy camper.

*It's a good thing Sohee came out beautifully.

     On the other hand, these official kpop-merchandise selling websites take shipping and handling seriously. No scratches or dents on my album thanks to the endless bubble-wrap. And can I just say, I got a little addicted to the smell of the new plastic-rubber material used to case the cd and postcards. It kind of reminded me of the floating tube things I used as a kid in the pool. I thought it was pretty neat to shape the case like an envelope so it's like you're getting an invitation to "Wonder Party". Clever. I see what you did there JYPE.


     I also got the poster to go with it so that I could get free shipping. And my bonus gift was T.O.P.! Now that's a good deal. Although I never imagined the promo posters would be so small...but still worth it.


     Now for the songs on the album, as I stated earlier, I love all of them. Wonder Girls definitely came back with a new image this time. I loved the concept because it was so fresh and new. I also thought that a lot of the songs didn't exactly give off a Kpop vibe right away. My favorite song off the album is probably Sorry and I say "probably" because I like all the songs and it's hard for me to choose.


     I've seen a lot of Wonderfuls say how thankful they are to the guy who dumped Yeeun because it really made her pump out some amazing songs [check out WG's performance of Yeeun's song Stay Together]. In particular, Girlfriend, from this album was definitely a good piece for them to perform for their comeback stages. The track is a slow ballad about a girl who is still in love with her ex and can’t accept that he has another girlfriend. Their soft vocals also help express the pain of the girl in the song. Yoobin’s rapping is especially a new style that I’ve never heard from her before. And I can say this proudly as a Wonderful, Sohee's voice is perfect in this song. It fits well, and when they perform it on stage, it's flawless. Check out their performance from their comeback stages.




If you haven't already gotten the album, I suggest you do so quickly. Check out KpopHeaven and its awesome sales here!

No comments:

Post a Comment