Saturday, September 22, 2012

[RR] Gurupop Show Episode 4 - BAP Review

Here's my review of the show and if you haven't already seen it, I recommend you do. The best thing about this show is that San E and Daniel do all the translating for you.

"Where she sits she shines, and where she shines she shits." - San E [3:00]

     With every episode I realize how much more comfortable our “number 1 oppas” are getting with their mc positions. Congratulations on completing one month with the show! 
     In the opening, I thought the tongue twisters were a fun addition, especially since we get to see our English experts Daniel and San E struggling with it. Another segment I really like is when San E and Daniel go over the celebrity tweets. It kind of becomes my only means of catching up with what celebrities are up to. And I love how San E always shows his love for the JYP Nation members [except at the end of this episode where he said Girls Day would be their first female guests]. I loved the music video choices of this week as well. All the songs that came out recently are really good.


     And here’s comes BAP with the results of  the most mother-like members of the group. Himchan came out on top, which I totally expected since I voted for him too. And he also started BAP’s catch-phrase of the day: VICTORY! He was followed by Youngjae, Yongguk, Zelo, Daehyun, and JongUp. This episode really makes last place look like a “victory.” Jongup was given a “happy meal” to go with his cushion seat. Zelo on the other hand looked like he was squished up in his seat with his super long legs. BAP’s self-introductions were short and sweet and we also got a preview of their English skills. Also later on we found out just how many languages BAP members know [at least they can say short phrases] and it wasn‘t just the ordinary ones you would expect so I was shocked.
     As a fan of BAP, we all know their individual talents so I was really glad that there was a special segment for Himchan to showcase his talent in traditional music. And I couldn’t help but notice how genuinely shocked San E oppa looked after his short performance. 
     Sadly, there’s always last minute changes in the order of activities during the show which always leaves our mcs a little bit flustered but I think they’re getting better at handling it. It must get confusing for the guests too. Thankfully, this little blunder was followed by some freestyle from Yongguk.
     Some fans are so lucky because they get their comments read aloud to the artists. And the idols are usually happy with what they hear. And we all know how anti-aegyo Yongguk is but with their latest song, Crash, he performed a cute dance. 
     I realized how many of the questions/wishes were similar to each other but I’m glad they asked some good questions during this episode. BAP also managed to carefully give intelligent answers especially to the one about the tattoos and piercing. Their ideas for a date were really cute too. As a girl, I was impressed. And finding out little things like what they just bought recently were interesting facts so thank you Alyssa, who asked the question. Although I think it felt a little unnatural when they were asked to name their favorite girl group song. It seemed like they named Secret because they’re under the same company or to help promote for Secret’s comeback. IU and BoA were also mentioned but it was really funny how they didn’t even know the lyrics to their “supposed” favorite songs.


     Now my favorite segment is always the balloon fight. It was a great idea to add the weapon choosing portion. Who would’ve thought the fly swatter and the flip flop would turn out to be the greatest weapons? Youngjae must have been so disappointed that he broke the hammer. Another segment I really enjoy is the learning Korean part. Himchan’s “daebak shireuda” was hilarious whereas Zelo’s was really adorable. 


     The highlight of the episode was definitely when Daehyun kept stealing from JongUp’s happy meal, and his poker face when he was caught by the camera. Also San E's little blunder at the beginning with the tongue twister had me laughing for a good 5 minutes. I couldn’t stop laughing at their antics throughout the show. And I can honestly say, it looked like BAP had a lot of fun on this episode since they were constantly laughing. 

*Make sure you watch the future episodes live! 


No comments:

Post a Comment