Thursday, January 3, 2013

[MV-RANT] 7 Creepy/Scary Kpop MVs - Part 2

Kpop might be generally known for its bubbly songs and cute music videos but that doesn’t mean that they don’t like to scare their fans sometimes. Here is part 2 of my list of scary MVs. Enjoy!

SG Wannabe - Lalala


Let’s start off the list with the scariest MV. Well actually, it's in 2 parts. The first part is by M to M and the second part is by SG Wannabe. This looks like it’s taken straight out of a Korean Horror film. What starts off as a cute love story [even making you laugh at the girl's clumsiness] turns into a bloody mess, quite literally if you ask me. The end of the MV contradicts the lyrics of the song [which sure shows just how scary love can be].

Wonder Girls/Fin K.L. - Now


You can watch either version because they’re both almost the same. Again, this doesn’t really fall into the scary category as much as it does in the creepy category. This is again about girls stalking a guy and he’s just as freaked out as I am.

Tablo - Bad
The dark setting and the violent love scenes are what intimidate me in this MV. The song itself, I love, and I also think the MV matches it well since most people have to go through pain and suffering when it comes to love. Moral of the story:Love is bad.
Kan Mi Yeon - Crazy
This MV is just plain creepy, like Epik High’s fan from the previous list. Another music video about a crazy girl keeping a guy locked up against his will. Again, I have no idea what he did to her but judging from the lyrics, maybe he drove her insane.
G-Dragon - She’s Gone
Now this is a thriller MV. No matter how crazy I am about G-Dragon, I would still run from him if I was the girl. And the lack of color makes it more scary, no? Not to mention, when she was running away from him, it reminded me of the maze scene from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Why is it that she can’t escape from him when she’s running and he’s walking?
Brown Eyed Girls - Cleansing Cream
This MV is more on the scary, sad story side. The scary part is that you fear what’s going to happen at the end. I guess it’s more on the sad side because the older sister misunderstands the younger one of trying to seduce her husband.
Epik High - Don’t Hate Me
This music video is not necessarily scary but since it’s in the format of a horror film, I couldn’t leave it out of the list. I love that they dressed the cute little kids up as villains because I think the MV matches the lyrics of the song perfectly. This just in, G-Dragon and Lady Gaga are well-known villains! [From the She's Gone MV, I'd say yeah GD qualifies]
What other MVs belong on this list?

No comments:

Post a Comment